THE SECRET NOT SECRET
Its secret lies entirely in the myrtle berries we use which are all Sardinian and picked when fully ripe. The rest is simply alcohol, sugar and water, there are no additives or colouring agents. The infusion is freeze distilled to best preserve the berries’ fragrance, colour and flavour.
In the distillery we adhere scrupulously to the traditional methods handed down from one generation of Sardinian women to the next.
- All impurities are removed from the berries and they are washed thoroughly
- Once they’ve been transported to stainless steel vats they are soaked in an alcoholic solution until fully infused
- Sugar is added to the infusion, which is the essence of the liqueur, in special tanks equipped with an agitator
- The liqueur is then filtered
- It is laboratory tested and subsequently bottled and sold.